PH Stocks Up on Positive Sentiment
Manila—(PHStocks)—The Philippine stock market rallied Wednesday, 10 April, amid positive market sentiment in the country and strong data from China. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index gained 1.24% or 83.62 points to close today’s market at 6,815.84, as the ADB raises Philippines’ 2013 growth forecast to 6%, and Barclays saying that the country will secure an investment grade from three major rating agencies ahead of Indonesia.
All counters are in the green, led by the Mining and Oil segment, which gained 2.35%. The Property sector grew by 1.71%, while the Services index edged higher by 1.64%.
Trading is moderate today, with value turnover reaching PhP9.08 billion on trading volume of 2.616 billion. There were 108 gainers against 56 losers, while 39 stocks were flat.
The top five active stocks in terms of volume are Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), and Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI).
The top gainers for the day are as follows:
- Makati Finance Corporation (PSE: MFIN): PhP4.80, +37.14%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP2.25, +31.58%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.00, +25.52%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.63, +12.50%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP2.02, +12.22%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP10.98, +7.65%
- Nickel Asia Corporation (PSE: NIKL): PhP27.75, +7.56%
- Philippine Estates Corporation (PSE: PHES): PhP0.61, +7.02%
- Global-Estate Resorts Inc. (PSE: GERI): PhP2.45, +6.99%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.68, +6.12%
Below are the biggest losers:
- Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.212, -7.83%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.485, -6.73%
- Seafront Resources Corporation (PSE: SPM): PhP2.00, -6.54%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP5.80, -6.45%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP20.50, -6.39%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP17.70, -6.35%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.44, -6.15%
- Wellex Industries Inc. (PSE: WIN): PhP0.255, -5.56%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.017, -5.56%
- Lodestar Investment Holdings Corporation (PSE: LIHC): PhP0.88, -5.38%