PH Stocks Down Anew
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their losses Friday, 5 April, as investors continue to lock their gains amid the rally in the previous trading sessions.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index dropped by 0.83% or 56.58 points to close at 6,727.14 on subdued trading. All counters continue to be in the red, but losses are minimal.
The Financials index, the biggest loser today, just dropped by 1.28%. The next biggest decliner is the Property index, which slid by 1.09%.
Value turnover reached PhP7.33 billion on 1.06 billion shares traded. The decliners outnumbered the gainers 101 to 52, while 42 stocks remained flat.
The top five most active stocks for the day are SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Bank of the Philippine Islands (PSE: BPI), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO) and Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL).
Below are the top gainers for the day:
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP15.82, +24.37%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP6.20, +8.39%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.265, +6.00%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.021, +5.00%
- Sinophil Corporation (PSE: SINO): PhP0.32, +4.92%
- Phinma Corporation (PSE: PHN): PhP13.40, +4.69%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.415, +3.75%
- Agrinurture Inc. (PSE: ANI): PhP6.90, +3.45%
- Lodestar Investment Holdings Corporation (PSE: LIHC): PhP0.91, +3.41%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP3.10, +3.33%
Below are the top decliners:
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.35, -10.60%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP15.02, -6.13%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.016, -5.88%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.50, -5.30%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.54, -5.26%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.132, -5.04%
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.30, -4.96%
- South China Resources Inc. (PSE: SOC): PhP1.19, -4.80%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP20.00, -4.76%