PH Stocks Sustain Steady Growth
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their gains Tuesday, 17 September, driven by continued upbeat market sentiment in the U.S. stock market. The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) added 41.43 points or 0.66% to close the day’s trading at 6,344.14.
Still, the Mining and Oil segment saw no signs of relief as investors continue to shy away from the sector, dragging it lower by 0.38%. The Holding Firms segment, meanwhile, was nearly flat, just losing 0.01%. Leading the gainers, meanwhile, is the Property index, which increased by 1.61%; followed by the Industrials, which went up by 1.42%. The wider All Shares index posted a 0.93% gain.
Trading was slightly heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP10 billion on 1.42 billion shares traded. There were 85 gainers today against 57 losers, while 40 stocks were flat.
Top most active stocks for the day include Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP28.25, 2.17%), Touch Solutions Inc. (TSI, PhP11.90, 8.38%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP795.00, -1.24%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP84.65, -1.57%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.80, -1.47%), Security Bank Corp. (SECB, PhP122.70, 3.54%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP17.38, 2.36%), Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI, PhP4.72, 1.94%), Manila Electric Company (MER, PhP278.00, 3.73%) and Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP126.90, 0.55%).
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP15.90, 21.37%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.90, 10.69%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP11.90, 8.38%
- Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.465, 8.14%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.40, 8.11%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.016, 6.67%
- Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP1.50, 6.38%
- San Miguel Corp. (PSE: SMC): PhP69.00, 5.34%
- Energy Development Corp. (PSE: EDC): PhP5.70, 4.97%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.09, 4.87%
- Cityland Development Corp. (PSE: CDC): PhP1.02, -8.93%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.241, -7.31%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP2.00, -6.98%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP1.47, -6.37%
- SPC Power Corp. (PSE: SPC): PhP4.50, -6.25%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.25, -5.66%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.45, -5.26%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- LMG Chemicals Corp. (PSE: LMG): PhP2.55, -4.49%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP2.30, -4.17%