Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recovered on Monday, 16 September, amid upbeat global market sentiment, with the Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) surging by 2.76% or 169.47 points to 6,302.71.
All counters except for the Mining and Oil segment – which further declined by 0.61% – are back in the green. The Holding Firms sector led the pack, gaining 3.69%; the Property sector went up by 3.31%; and the Financials increased by 2.57%.
Trading was slightly heavy, with value turnover reaching PhP10 billion on 1.58 billion shares traded. There were 93 gainers against 48 losers, while 45 stocks were flat.
The most active stocks include SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP805.00, 8.27%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,910.00, 2.18%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP20.50, 1.49%), Manila Electric Company (MER, PhP268.00, -2.55%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP86.00, 5.2%), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP): PhP840.00, 4.35%), Megaworld Corp. (MEG, PhP3.20, 3.23%), Manila Water Company Inc. (MWC, PhP26.30, -0.75%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP27.65, 3.75%), and Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI, PhP4.63, 5.23%).
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP1.57, 13.77%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.18, 12.38%
- Cityland Development Corp. (PSE: CDC): PhP1.12, 10.89%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.265, 10.88%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP12.50, 10.42%
- Century Properties Group Inc. (PSE: CPG): PhP1.55, 9.93%
- SM Investments Corp. (PSE: SM): PhP805.00, 8.27%
- AG Finance Inc. (PSE: AGF): PhP2.81, 8.08%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP23.40, 7.34%
- Anglo Philippine Holdings Corp. (PSE: APO): PhP1.98, 7.03%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP13.10, -22.49%
- San Miguel Corporation (PSE: SMC): PhP65.50, -9.66%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.62, -8.39%
- Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.43, -6.52%
- Victorias Milling Company Inc. (PSE: VMC): PhP1.60, -5.88%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corp. (PSE: CHIPS): PhP14.00, -5.41%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.37, -5.13%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (PSE: LC): PhP0.44, -4.35%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.63, -4.22%
- Manila Mining Corp. “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.027, -3.57%