Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recover as investors hunt for bargains after locking in their gains the previous trading day. The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went up by 8.23 points or 0.13% to 6,521.64, while the wider All-Shares index edged up by 0.25% to end the day’s trading at 4,101.44.
On a sectoral basis, the Industrials and Property indices continue their growth, gaining 0.24% and 0.65% respectively. The Financials index, meanwhile, went back to the green, increasing by 0.52%.
The remaining indices – Holding Firms, Services, and Mining and Oil – ended the day lower. The Mining and Oil index, in particular, lost 0.87% amid the accident at Semirara Mining Corp.’s (PSE: SCC) coal site yesterday.
Turnover value reached PhP9.42 billion, while the volume of shares traded reached 1.45 billion. There were 90 gainers against 84 losers, while 39 stocks remained flat.
Below are the day’s biggest gainers:
- Keppel Philippine Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP5.02, +18.96%
- Central Azucarera De Tarlac (PSE: CAT): PhP15, +15.38%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP3.10, +14.81%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP7.03, +14.68%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP2.52, +8.15%
- SM Development Corporation (PSE: SMDC): PhP7.96, +8.01%
- Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP5.20, +5.91%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.72, +5.88%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.285, +5.56%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “B” (PSE: MIHB): PhP13.58, +5.27%
The day’s top losers are as follows:
- Lorenzo Shipping Corporation (PSE: LSC): PhP1.41, -11.88%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.55, -8.33%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.051, -7.27%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.85, -7.04%
- Keppel Philippines Properties, Inc. (PSE: KEP): PhP2.85, -5%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.019, -5%
- Nihao Mineral Resources International Inc. (PSE: NI): PhP3.78, -4.06%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.12, -4%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.024, -4%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.365, -3.95%