Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks rally to 6400 level Thursday, 11 July, lifted by the International Monetary Fund’s (IMF) raising its outlook for the country’s economic growth. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index jumped by 1.57% or 99.18 points to close today’s trading at 6,407.36.
All counters were back in the green, led by the Property sector, which went up by 2.69%. The Industrials edged higher by 2.15%, while the Mining and Oil index increased by 1.94%. The wider All Shares index gained 1.58%.
Trading was moderate today, with value turnover reaching PhP7.15 billion on 862.9 million shares traded. Foreign buying reached PhP3.65 billion while foreign selling totalled PhP4.64 billion. There were 106 gainers today against 40 losers, while 43 stocks were flat.
Today’s top gainers were Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP109.40, +1.67%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,824.00, +0.79%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.38, +0.49%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP24.50, +2.08%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP85.30, +0.95%), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI, PhP4.87, +1.88%), Jollibee Foods Corporation (PSE: JFC, PhP141.80, +1.29%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP875.00, +1.74%), Puregold Price Club Inc. (PSE: PGOLD, PhP37.50, +5.63%), and Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.60, +4.41%).
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP1.16, +10.48%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.55, +10.00%
- Manila Jockey Club Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP2.37, +9.72%
- San Miguel Pure Foods Company Inc. (PSE: PF): PhP234.80, +9.21%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.10, +8.91%
- Petron Corporation (PSE: PCOR): PhP14.66, +7.01%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.08, +6.67%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.53, +6%
- Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (PSE: BLOOM): PhP10.00, +5.82%
- Puregold Price Club Inc. (PSE: PGOLD): PhP37.50, +5.63%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP2.80, -8.50%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP7.20, -8.28%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP13.70, -8.05%
- Abra Mining & Industrial Corporation (PSE: AR): PhP0.0035, -7.89%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.17, -6.40%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- First Gen Corporation- Series “F” (PSE: FGENF): PhP110.00, -4.35%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.75, -3.57%
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.50, -3.47%
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (PSE: AEV): PhP48.00, -2.83%