Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks managed to keep their foothold at the 6300 level on Wednesday, 10 July, amid weak China market data. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index closed the session at 6,308.18, down by just 0.3% or 18.84 points – recovering from 82.73 points early in the afternoon session.
All counters except for the Holding Firms segment – which posted a slight 0.34% gain – were down. The biggest losing index was the Mining and Oil segment, which declined by 2.14%, while the Property sector came in at second, shedding 1.7%. The wider All Shares index declined by 0.45%.
Trading remained thin. Value turnover only reached PhP4.55 billion on 644.7 million shares traded. There were 44 gainers against 107 losers, while 42 stocks remained flat.
Today’s most active stocks in terms of volume are Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,802.00, -0.92%), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI, PhP4.78, -3.43%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP860, +2.63%), Puregold Price Club Inc. (PSE: PGOLD, PhP35.50, +1%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP84.50, -0.35%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP28.35, -1.9%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP24.00, -1.23%), Megaworld Corporation (MEG, PhP3.14, -3.98%), Jollibee Foods Corporation (PSE: JFC, PhP140.00, -2.1%), and SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.30, -1.21%).
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP9.80, 8.89%
- Keppel Philippines Properties Inc. (PSE: KEP): PhP3.00, 6.38%
- Agrinurture Inc. (PSE: ANI): PhP5.79, 6.04%
- Benguet Corporation “A” (PSE: BC): PhP8.10, 5.19%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.30, 4%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.75, 3.69%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.03, 3.45%
- Splash Corporation (PSE: SPH): PhP2.00, 3.09%
- Aboitiz Power Corporation (PSE: AP): PhP33.80, 2.74%
- Abra Mining & Industrial Corporation (PSE: AR): PhP0.0038, 2.7%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP10.06, -30.43%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.10, -9.87%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.10, -8.82%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.19, -8.46%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.01, -8.18%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.012, -7.69%
- Security Bank Corporation (PSE: SECB): PhP147.00, -5.77%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.41, -5.75%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.50, -5.66%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP16.02, -5.65%