Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continued their rally Friday, 12 July, as investor sentiment gets a lift from positive momentum in U.S. markets. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index further climbed, reaching 6,574.21 – up by 2.6% or 166.85 points from Thursday’s close.
All counted remained in the green, with the Holding Firms sector gaining the biggest at 3.37%. The Financials added 2.62% while the Property index increased by 2.54%. The wider All Shares index went up by 2.71%.
Trading was moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP7.8 billion on 1.4 billion shares traded. There were 111 gainers against 50 losers, while 39 stocks were flat.
The day’s most active stocks in terms of volume were Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,848.00, +0.85%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP612.00, +4.08%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP114.80, +4.94%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP17.00, +3.79%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP913.50, +4.4%), Megaworld Corporation (MEG, PhP3.24, NC), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.40, +2.7%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP25.00, +2.04%), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC, PhP125.00, +2.46%), and Robinsons Land Corporation (PSE: RLC, PhP22.40, +4.19%).
- PAL Holdings Inc. (PSE: PAL): PhP6.95, +41.84%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP4.00, +19.40%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.30, +11.11%
- MacroAsia Corporation (PSE: MAC): PhP2.58, +9.79%
- Makati Finance Corporation (PSE: MFIN): PhP3.50, +9.38%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.29, +8.4%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP24.90, +7.33%
- East West Banking Corporation (PSE: EW): PhP29.90, +6.79%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP7.68, +6.67%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.29, +6.13%
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP6.00, -13.04%
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP4.00, -12.09%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.21, -11.03%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.50, -9.09%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.21, -7.92%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.37, -7.5%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.40, -4.76%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.05, -4.65%
- Solid Group Inc. (PSE: SGI): PhP1.71, -4.47%
- Alsons Consolidated Resources Inc. (PSE: ACR): PhP1.30, -3.7%