PH Stocks Extend Gains
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continued their upward momentum for the third session, riding on positive news in other parts of the world. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index gained a further 1.21% or 78.88 points to close at 6,597.59 today, 25 March, amid news of the European Union approving a bailout deal with Cyprus.
Only the Mining and Oil index suffered a slight decline of 0.44%, following its 1.01% gain during the last trading session. All other counters remain positive, led by the Property index, which increased by 2.28%. The Industrials, which lost 0.12% last week, recovered this session – gaining 1.12%. The wider All Shares Index, meanwhile, edged higher by 0.93%.
Trading was moderate today. Value turnover reached about PhP8.98 billion on 1.5 billion shares traded. There were 99 gainers and 64 decliners, while 34 shares remained flat.
The top active stocks in value are SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. “Common” (PSE: TEL), and Robinsons Land Corporation (PSE: RLC).
Below are the biggest gainers for the day:
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.53, +37.66%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP24.00, +17.07%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.18, +14.56%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP4.74, +8.47%
- Concrete Aggregates Corporation “A” (PSE: CA): PhP65.00, +8.33%
- Liberty Flour Mills Inc. (PSE: LFM): PhP53.00, +8.16%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP2.15, +7.5%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.03, +7.29%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.055, +5.77%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP1.69, +5.63%
Below, meanwhile, are the top price decliners:
- City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP2.26, -7.38%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP22.10, -5.76%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.39, -4.88%
- Lodestar Investment Holdings Corporation (PSE: LIHC): PhP0.87, -4.4%
- Atok-Big Wedge Company Inc. (PSE: AB): PhP19.00, -4.04%
- Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PSE: SLI): PhP0.96, -4%
- Acesite (Philippines) Hotel Corporation (PSE: ACE): PhP1.25, -3.85%
- SM Development Corporation (PSE: SMDC): PhP8.46, -3.64%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP8.00, -3.5%