PH Stocks Take Pause on Profit Taking
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks take a breather on Wednesday, 18 September, as investors lock in their gains. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) shed 10.18 points or just 0.16% to close today’s trading at 6,333.96 – maintaining its foothold at the 6,300 level.
On sectoral basis, the Financials led the gainers, posting a 0.95% increase, while the Mining and Oil segment cut its downtrend to recover by 0.21% today. The Property index, on the other hand, led the losers, shedding 0.69%, while the Holding Firms sector dropped by 0.32%.
Philippine National Bank (PNB) led the banks today, gaining 4.76%, followed by China Banking Corp. (CHIB), which increased by 4.35%. The property side was dragged down by Empire East Land Holdings Inc. (ELI), which lost 5.1%, and Philippine Estates Corp. (PHES), which declined by 3.23%. The wider All Shares index, however, just shed 0.12% or 4.48 points.
Trading was slightly heavy today, with value turnover reaching Php8.38 billion on 1 billion shares traded. There were 70 gainers today versus 68 losers, while 42 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks by value include Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP28.10, -0.53%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.00, -2.99%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,942.00, 0.07%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP19.88, -0.50%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP85.50, 1.00%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP785.00, -1.26%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP126.00, -0.71%), Security Bank Corp. (SECB, PhP126.30, 2.93%), Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (PSE: RCB): PhP46.00, 2.91%), and Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP586.00, 1.03%).
- Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (PSE: IMI): PhP3.18, 23.74%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP2.34, 22.51%
- LMG Chemicals Corp. (PSE: LMG): PhP2.82, 10.59%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.38, 7.09%
- Asiabest Group International Inc. (PSE: ABG): PhP16.10, 5.92%
- Philippine National Bank (PSE: PNB): PhP87.00, 4.76%
- China Banking Corp. (PSE: CHIB): PhP60.00, 4.35%
- Liberty Flour Mills Inc. (PSE: LFM): PhP55.50, 4.23%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.26, 4.00%
- MacroAsia Corp. (PSE: MAC): PhP2.18, 3.81%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.50, -30.00%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.10, -7.56%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.013, -7.14%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP11.08, -6.89%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP22.20, -6.72%
- Anglo Philippine Holdings Corp. (PSE: APO): PhP1.86, -6.06%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.09, -5.86%
- Empire East Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ELI): PhP0.93, -5.10%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP5.71, -4.83%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP1.40, -4.76%