Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks staged a late rally Tuesday, 9 July, and reverse the selloff early in the session as investors hunt for bargains. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index inched higher by 0.13% or 8.11 points to close the session at 6,327.02.
On sectoral basis, however, only the Industrials and Services sectors posted gains; with the Industrials edging higher by 0.98% and the Services index, 0.24%. On the other hand, the Holding Firms segment is the biggest losing index, shedding 0.51%. The Financials followed with a decline of 0.23%, while both the Mining and Oil and Property sectors lost 0.17%.
Trading remained subdued. Value turnover only reached PhP4.46 billion on 807 million trades. There were 57 gainers and 81 losers, while 46 stocks remained flat.
Today’s most active stocks were SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP838.00, -1.53%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP108, NC), Security Bank Corporation (PSE: SECB, PhP156.00, -2.5%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP84.80, -0.18%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP28.90, -0.34%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.50, NC), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,828.00, NC), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP24.30, 0.21%), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI, PhP4.95, -1.79%), Cosco Capital Inc. (PSE: COSCO, PhP9.82, 1.03%).
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.28, +16.36%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.37, +14.17%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.013, +8.33%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP14.60, +7.35%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.139, +6.11%
- Zeus Holdings Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.435, +6.10%
- Nickel Asia Corporation (PSE: NIKL): PhP16.80, +5.00%
- Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC): PhP118.00, +4.42%
- Globe Telecom Inc. (PSE: GLO): PhP1,550.00, +4.24%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.105, +3.96%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “B” (PSE: APXB): PhP3.26, -13.07%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP12.40, -10.66%
- Benguet Corporation “A” (PSE: BC): PhP7.70, -9.41%
- City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP1.82, -9.00%
- Agrinurture Inc. (PSE: ANI): PhP5.46, -8.08%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.305, -7.58%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.51, -6.87%
- Philippine Estates Corporation (PSE: PHES): PhP0.415, -6.74%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.70, -6.25%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP9.23, -5.91%