PH Stocks Retreat on Profit Taking
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks pull back on Thursday, 4 April, as investors cash in on their gains from the previous trading session.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index dropped by 0.46% or 31.58 points to close at 6,783.72. All counters are slightly down amid thin trading. However, the biggest decline – that for Financials – is just 0.67%. The Property index slid by 0.64%, while the wider All Shares index declined by 0.39%.
Value turnover was only PhP6.707 billion, on 953 million shares traded. There were 71 gainers against 88 losers, while 46 stocks were flat.
The top active stocks today in terms of value are SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (PSE: AEV), and Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI).
The top gainers for the day are:
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.64, +40.43%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.45, +38.10%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.44, +30.91%
- Transpacific Broadband Group International Inc. (PSE: TBGI): PhP2.59, +18.26%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.73, +12.31%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.45, +11.54%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.90, +10.11%
- South China Resources Inc. (PSE: SOC): PhP1.25, +8.70%
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP9.70, +7.78%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.90, +7.41%
The top decliners are:
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP12.72, -18.46%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP1.80, -16.28%
- Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PSE: SLI): PhP0.99, -5.71%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.70, -5.56%
- Atlas Consolidated Mining and Development Corporation (PSE: AT): PhP20.50, -5.53%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.40, -4.76%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP21.90, -4.37%
- Lodestar Investment Holdings Corporation (PSE: LIHC): PhP0.88, -4.35%
- Philippine Seven Corporation (PSE: SEVN): PhP90.00, -4.26%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.023, -4.17%