Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks finished on strong note Friday, 11 October, as investors remain hopeful that the U.S. budget impasse is coming to an end soon.
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) gained0.84% or 53.83 points to close the day’s trading at 6,489.8. All counters were in the green, led by the Financials (+1.56%) and Holding Firms (+1.35%).
Trading was slightly heavy. Value turnover reached PhP8.83 billion on 968.7 million traded shares. According to PSE, foreign buying reached PhP4.44 billion while foreign selling was PhP4.43 billion. There were 101 gainers against 52 losers, while 39 stocks remained flat.
Today’s most active stocks include Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,900.00, -0.96%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP86.85, 1.76%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP121.00, 0.17%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP847.00, 1.38%), Emperador Inc. (EMP, PhP11.18, 2.57%), Semirara Mining Corp. (SCC, 252.00, 1.61%), Cosco Capital Inc. (COSCO, PhP11.16, 4.30%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP627.00, 1.79%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP25.25, 0.60%), and Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.00, 0.84%).
- Keppel Philippines Properties Inc. (PSE: KEP): PhP3.00, 20%
- Vivant Corp. (PSE: VVT): PhP11.00, 19.57%
- Prime Orion Philippines Inc. (PSE: POPI): PhP0.58, 11.54%
- Del Monte Pacific Limited (PSE: DMPL): PhP30.00, 11.11%
- Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.013, 8.33%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.69, 7.89%
- Wellex Industries Inc. (PSE: WIN): PhP0.219, 6.31%
- Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (PSE: IMI): PhP3.00, 5.26%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.134, 4.69%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.14, 4.59%
- Chemical Industries of the Philippines (PSE: CIP): PhP129.00, -41.1%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP4.00, -19.19%
- Now Corp. (PSE: NOW): PhP0.365, -13.1%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP8.20, -6.29%
- Cityland Development Corp. (PSE: CDC): PhP1.06, -6.19%
- Manila Mining Corp. “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.022, -4.35%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP2.06, -4.19%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP12.00, -3.85%
- PetroEnergy Resources Corp. (PSE: PERC): PhP5.90, -3.75%
- Phinma Corp. (PSE: PHN): PhP13.50, -3.57%