Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continued their recovery and hit a new record high at the close of the trading week amid optimism in the country’s economic fundamentals. The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) grew by 1.1% to reach 6,139.21 – a new record for the country’s bourse – even after succumbing to investors’ profit taking early in the week.
The wider all-shares index also gained anew, reaching 3,862.41 – up 0.86%.
All counters are back on the green, led by the Services index, which surged by 2.29%. The Holding Firms segment followed with a gain of 1.67%, while the Mining and Oil index went up by 1.54% to close at 22,057.9.
Trading was particularly heavy today, with around 6.92 billion shares changing hands. Turnover value, meanwhile, hit PhP9.34 billion. There were 103 gainers against 60 losers, while 48 stocks remained unchanged.
Below are today’s top advancers:
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.58, +27.72%
- Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.235, +7.8%
- Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PSE: SLI): PhP0.78, +6.85%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP11, +6.8%
- IPVG Corporation (PSE: IP): PhP0.68, +6.25%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP0.95, +5.56%
- EasyCall Communications Philippines Inc. (PSE: ECP): PhP2.95, +5.36%
- Century Properties Group Inc. (PSE: CPG): PhP1.85, +5.11%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.021, +5%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.022, +4.76%
Below, meanwhile, are today’s biggest losers:
- Keppel Philippine Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP4.30, -14%
- Information Capital Technology Ventures Inc. (PSE: ICTV): PhP0.43, -6.52%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP9.20, -5.93%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.40, -5.88%
- Island Information and Technology Inc.(PSE: IS): PhP0.052, -5.45%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.62, -4.62%
- Republic Glass Holdings Corporation (PSE: REG): PhP2.50, -3.85%
- Sinophil Corporation (PSE: SINO): PhP0.32, -3.03%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.85, -3%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP3.59, -2.97%