PH Stocks Up on Japan’s Improving Nuclear Situation
The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went up 0.26% or 9.83 points to 3,854.14 points on Tuesday, amid news of improving nuclear situation in Japan. The wider all-shares index likewise moved up by 0.34% to 2,888.96 points as investor confidence slowly rebound.
The Property index led the gaining sectors with a 1.17% increase, followed by the Financials index. The Mining & Oil sector, however, slid by 0.18%.
Trading volume reached 1.16 billion, valued at PhP5.8 billion, on 14,046 trades. There were 90 gainers against 45 losers, while 44 stocks remained flat.
Below are the leading gainers for the day:
- Liberty Flour Mills Inc. (PSE: LFM): PhP59.70, +19.70, +49.25%
- JTH Davies Holdings Inc. (PSE: JTH): PhP1.88, +0.38, +25.33%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corp. (PSE: MHC): PhP0.44, +0.06, +15.79%
- BDO Leasing & Finance Inc. (PSE: BLFI): PhP1.85, +0.25, +15.62%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP20.50, +2.50, +13.89%
- City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP1.48, +0.18, +13.85%
- First Metro Investment Corp. (PSE: FMIC): PhP45.00, +4.90, +12.22%
- Benguet Corp. (PSE: BC): PhP13.00, +1.30 11.11%
- PLDT Communications and Energy Ventures Inc. (PSE: PCEV): PhP5.95, +0.57, +10.59%
- Digital Telecommunications Philippines Inc. (PSE: DGTL): PhP1.57, +0.15, +10.56%