PH Stocks Still in Red
Local shares continue their weak performance Tuesday on further profit taking. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) shed 28.51 points or 0.67% to close at 4,199.48 points. The wider all-shares index was also down for the second consecutive trading day, declining by 0.77% to 3,072.84 points.
All counters also suffered a beating, with the Industrial sector shedding 1.07%, followed by the Holding Firms with a 0.87% decline, and then the Property index, which dropped 0.79%.
Trading volume reached 831.63 million, valued at PhP4.38 billion, on 16,359 trades. There were only 28 gainers against 95 losers, while 33 stocks remained flat.
The top 10 stock price gainers for the day are as follows:
- Philippine National Bank (PSE: PNB): PhP67.5, +6.50, +10.66%
- PNOC Exploration Corp. “B” (PSE: PECB): PhP30, +2.50, +9.09%
- PAL Holdings Inc. (PSE: PAL): PhP5.35, +0.35, +7%
- Alcorn Gold Resources Corp. (PSE: APM): PhP0.016, +0.001, +6.67%
- Splash Corp. (PSE: SPH): PhP2.41, +0.11, +4.78%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP0.32, +0.01, +3.23%
- Filinvest Development Corp. (PSE: FDC): PhP4.85, +0.15, +3.19%
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. (PSE: RCB): PhP28.75, +0.80, +2.86%
- A. Soriano Corp. (PSE: ANS): PhP3.45, +0.09, +2.68%
- Filinvest Land Inc. (PSE: FLI): PhP1.22, +0.03, +2.52%