PH Stocks Reach New High
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recovered from two days of declines this week to close at a new high on Friday. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went up by 0.82% to close the trading week at 6,167.64 – yet another milestone for the country’s bourse.
All counters are back on the green, led by the Financials sector, which further went up by 2.22%. The Bank of the Philippine Islands (PSE: BPI), for one, was among the top gainers for the day, perhaps buoyed by positive news upon positive news on its merger. BPI gained 5% to close Friday at PhP105.
The Services sector came in second, growing by 0.79%, while the Industrials sector went up by 0.72%.
The wider all-shares index likewise closed positive, gaining 0.71% to 3,885.29.
Value turnover reached PhP8.89 billion today on 2.62 billion shares that changed hands. There were 95 advancers, 69 decliners and 45 flat stocks.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
- ABS-CBN Holdings Corporation – Phil. Deposit Receipts (PSE: ABSP): PhP, +9.09%
- Phoenix Petroleum Philippines Inc. (PSE: PNX): PhP10.18, +7.72%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.93, +7.22%
- Philippine Seven Corporation “Common” (PSE: SEVN): PhP93, +6.90%
- D&L Industries Inc. (PSE: DNL): PhP5.80, 5.84%
- Alliance Select Foods International Inc. (PSE: FOOD): PhP2, +5.26%
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (PSE: BPI): PhP105, +5%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.021, +5%
- Philex Petroleum Corporation (PSE: PXP): PhP33, +4.76%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “A” (PSE: MIH): PhP13.78, +4.71%
Below are the top losers:
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.70, -5.56%
- Seafront Resources Corporation (PSE: SPM): PhP2.25, -4.26%
- Abra Mining & Industrial Corporation (PSE: AR): PhP0.006, -3.45%
- Philex Mining Corporation (PSE: PX): PhP17.34 -3.24%
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.71 -3.21%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corporation “B” (PSE: FJPB): PhP3.10, -3.13%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP0.99, -2.94%
- Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP4.15, -2.81%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP9.25, -2.53%
- Arthaland Corporation (PSE: ALCO): PhP0.195, -2.50%
One thought on “PH Stocks Reach New High”
Pingback: PHStocks Week in Review: New Level | PHStocks