Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks ended lower Monday, 18 November, amid thin trade as investors stayed in the sidelines.
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) closed at 6,343.25 – down by just 3.15 points or 0.05% from Friday (15 November). Most of the sectors were up, albeit minimally. The biggest gaining segment was the Financials (+0.6%), followed by the Services sector, which gained 0.34%. The only losing index, on the other hand, was the Holding Firms sector, which shed 1.19%. The wider All Shares index likewise ended in the red, losing 0.11%.
Trading was slow, with value turnover reaching only PhP6.5 billion on 539 million traded shares. There were 61 gainers against 74 losers, while 50 stocks remained flat.
Top most active stocks in terms of value were JG Summit Holdings Inc. (JGS, PhP44.00, -8.14%), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP): PhP800.00, -2.32%), Puregold Price Club Inc. (PGOLD, PhP41.85, -1.99%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP28.70, 0.17%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.90, NC), Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI, PhP94.00, 2.29%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP595.00, 1.45%), Travellers International Hotel Group Inc. (RWM, PhP11.22, -0.36%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,810.00, 0.43%), and SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP763.00, -1.04%).
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP5.20, 9.24%
- Benguet Corp. “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP7.50, 6.84%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.019, 5.56%
- House of Investments Inc. (PSE: HI): PhP6.00, 5.26%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.021, 5.00%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP2.42, 3.86%
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corp. (PSE: RLT): PhP0.45, 3.45%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.128, 3.23%
- Empire East Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ELI): PhP0.96, 3.23%
- Globe Telecom Inc. (PSE: GLO): PhP1,660.00, 3.04%
- Jolliville Holdings Corp. (PSE: JOH): PhP4.50, -17.13%
- LMG Chemicals Corp. (PSE: LMG): PhP3.41, -14.75%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP3.18, -9.40%
- JG Summit Holdings Inc. (PSE: JGS): PhP44.00, -8.14%
- Asiabest Group International Inc. (PSE: ABG): PhP15.58, -6.71%
- Premiere Horizon Alliance Corp. (PSE: PHA): PhP0.30, -6.25%
- MacroAsia Corp. (PSE: MAC): PhP1.92, -5.42%
- Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (PSE: IMI): PhP2.53, -5.24%
- A Brown Company Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP1.15, -4.96%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.20, -4.76%