PH Stocks Continue Slump
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continue their downtrend Monday, 25 November 2013, as investors exited the market or stayed in the sidelines amid concerns on the economic impact of supertyphoon Yolanda (International Name: Haiyan).
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went down by 1.32% or -80.58 points to close at 6,004.26 – its sixth straight session of decline.
Only the Mining and Oil (+0.55%) and the Financials (+0.05%) sectors managed to maintain their levels or even post gains. The losing segments was led by the Property sector (-1.92%) followed by Holding Firms (-1.79%) and Industrials (-1.33%).
Trading was moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP7.17 billion on 552.9 million shares traded. There were 64 gainers against 92 decliners, while 28 stocks were flat.
Top most active stocks in terms of value included Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP74.75, 0.47%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,630.00, -1.57%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP719.00, -1.37%), JG Summit Holdings Inc. (JGS, PhP41.70, -4.9%), Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI, PhP92.00, -0.65%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP119.50, -2.05%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP24.90, -1.19%), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (GTCAP, PhP735.50, -5.71%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP26.05, -0.19%), and International Container Terminal Services Inc. (ICT, PhP99.00, -1%).
- Roxas and Co. Inc. (PSE: RCI): PhP5.80, 16%
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP5.30, 15.97%
- Citystate Savings Bank Inc. (PSE: CSB): PhP13.50, 12.69%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP16.30, 12.41%
- PAL Holdings Inc. (PSE: PAL): PhP5.73, 10.19%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.38, 9.52%
- A Brown Co. Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP1.20, 9.09%
- COL Financial Group Inc. (PSE: COL): PhP18.00, 9.09%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.013, 8.33%
- Southeast Asia Cement Holdings Inc. (PSE: CMT): PhP1.05, 8.25%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP18.00, -17.43%
- Benguet Corp. “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP6.70, -10.67%
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corp. (PSE: RLT): PhP0.40, -9.09%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP14.50, -8.23%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP11.00, -8.18%
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP1.35, -8.16%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.70, -8.11%
- 8990 Holdings Inc. (PSE: HOUSE): PhP6.01, -6.82%
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP14.00, -6.67%
- Manila Mining Corp. “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.015, -6.25%