PH Stocks Slide Again
Manila—(PHStocks)—The main board Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) dropped by 36.18 points or 0.75% to 4,769.52 at the close of the market on Thursday, 9 February, as investors cash in gains. The all-shares index, meanwhile, lost 0.75% to close at 3,230.64.
On a sectoral basis, two indices managed to pull in very slight gains: the Industrial sector and the Property index, which increased 3.84 points and 0.23 points, respectively. On the other hand, leading the losers’ side is the Mining and Oil sector, which lost 3.68%, followed by the Financials and the Services indices, which both shed about 1.18%.
Trading volume reached 14.53 billion, valued at PhP8.59 billion. There were 134 losers against 42 gainers today, while 33 stocks remained flat. Below are the day’s top gainers:
1. Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP6.48, +16.34%
2. Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP11.00, +10%
3. Mabuhay Vinyl Corp. (PSE: MVC): PhP1.50, +7.91%
4. Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.014, +7.69%
5. Phoenix Petroleum Philippines Inc. (PSE: PNX): PhP13.12, +7.54%
6. Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.181, +7.1%
7. iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP5.35, +5.94%
8. Sinophil Corp. (PSE: SINO): PhP0.39, +5.41%
9. ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP2.47, +5.11%
10. United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.025, +4.17%