PH Stocks Rise on Positive Manufacturing Data in US, China
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks edged higher on Friday, 23 August, as investor confidence was lifted on encouraging manufacturing data in the United States, China and the Eurozone. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went up by 0.4% or 24.48 points to close the week’s two-day trading at 6,161.21.
However, only the Holding Firms segment posted growth (+1.27%) on a sectoral basis. The Property sector was the biggest losing sector, dropping by 0.76%. The rest of the sectors, on the other hand, posted very minimal declines. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, improved by 0.13%.
Value turnover reached PhP8.49 billion on 918 million shares traded. Foreign buying was PhP3.85 billion while foreign selling was PhP5.89 billion. There were 70 gainers against 83 losers, while 43 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks include Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP104.90, -1.5%), SM Investments Corporation (SM, PhP730.00, 0.69%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,940.00, -0.20%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP27.45, -1.61%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP25.40, 1.20%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP558.00, NC), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.20, 1.25%), Universal Robina Corporation (URC, PhP117.20, 0.77%), Megaworld Corp. (MEG, PhP3.09, NC), and Globe Telecom Inc. (GLO, PhP1,602.00, 0.13%).
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP2.30, 31.43%
- Cityland Development Corporation (PSE: CDC): PhP1.14, 12.87%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.94, 8.84%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.017, 6.25%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP1.92, 6.08%
- Basic Energy Corporation (PSE: BSC): PhP0.265, 6%
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (PSE: AEV): PhP45.95, 5.39%
- A. Soriano Corporation (PSE: ANS): PhP6.90, 5.34%
- The Philippine Stock Exchange Inc. (PSE: PSE): PhP383.20, 4.99%
- Aboitiz Power Corp. (PSE: AP): PhP32.80, 4.46%
- Philippine Racing Club Inc. (PSE: PRC): PhP8.80, -11.11%
- Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (PSE: IMI): PhP2.18, -11.02%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.42, -10.64%
- EasyCall Communications Philippines Inc. (PSE: ECP): PhP2.60, -7.8%
- PhilWeb Corp. (PSE: WEB): PhP12.00, -7.69%
- Filinvest Development Corporation (PSE: FDC): PhP4.20, -6.67%
- Philippine Seven Corporation (PSE: SEVN): PhP110.00, -6.38%
- Manila Jockey Club Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP2.20, -6.38%
- ABS-CBN Corporation (PSE: ABS): PhP34.00, -6.08%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corp. (PSE: MCP): PhP9.19, -5.55%