PH Stocks Recover, Close In On 4,900-pt Mark
Manila—(PHStocks)—Local shares ended Friday on a high note amid news of Greece sealing its bailout package. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) surged by 2.4% to close 17 February at 4,880.71 points – about 20 points short of breaching the 4,900-point mark – after just less than two months into the year.
All counters registered growth at the close of the trading day, led by the Property index, which gained 4.35%. The Services index went up by 2.92%, while the Holding Firms sector posted a 1.86% growth.
Trading volume reached 9.9 billion, valued at PhP8.29 billion. There were 123 gainers against 56 losers, while 28 stocks remained flat.
The top price gainers for Friday are as follows:
1. The Philodrill Corp. (PSE: OV): PhP0.039, +18.18%
2. Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP6.01, +15.8%
3. Oriental Petroleum and Mineral Corp. “B”(PSE: OPMB): PhP0.023, +9.52%
4. Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP5.80, +9.43%
5. Philippine Seven Corporation (PSE: SEVN): PhP28.00, +7.69%
6. Cebu Property Ventures and Development Corp. “A” (PSE: CPV): PhP4.10, +7.61%
7. GMA Holdings Inc. – Phil. Deposit Receipts (PSE: GMAP): PhP10.18, +7.61%
8. Philex Petroleum Corp. (PSE: PXP): PhP10.72, +7.2%
9. Seafront Resources Corporation (PSE: SPM): PhP1.65, +7.14%
10. Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI): PhP20.50, +6.77%