Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks recover Thursday, 28 November, as investor confidence get a boost from the third quarter economic data released by the National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB).
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) jumped by nearly 2% or 116 points to close the day’s trading at 6,169.96 as the Philippines post a GDP growth of 7% for the third quarter. For the first nine months of the year, the GDP was up by 7.4%, compared to last year’s 6.7%.
All counters were back in the green, led by the Mining and Oil sector (+3.13%) followed by the Property index (+2.6%).
Trading was moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP6.78 billion on 987 million shares traded. There were 98 gainers against 53 decliners, while 44 stocks were flat.
The top most active stocks in terms of value were Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,650.00, 1.77%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.02, 1.26%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP748.00, 2.47%), JG Summit Holdings Inc. (JGS, PhP40.00, 1.14%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP76.75, 2.33%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP121.60, 1.76%), Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI, PhP4.73, NC), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (GTCAP, PhP763.50, 0.46%), Megaworld Corp. (MEG, PhP3.50, 5.42%), and Manila Water Company Inc. (MWC, PhP23.50, 0.21%).
- Omico Corp. (PSE: OM): PhP0.33, 50%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.154, 20.31%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP17.00, 14.86%
- Manila Mining Corp. “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.016, 14.29%
- Chemical Industries of the Philippines (PSE: CIP): PhP215.00, 13.16%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Co. “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.33, 10%
- 8990 Holdings Inc. (PSE: HOUSE): PhP7.40, 8.82%
- Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines Inc. (PSE: PIP): PhP4.61, 8.73%
- The Philippine Stock Exchange Inc. (PSE: PSE): PhP385.00, 8.45%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.013, 8.33%
- GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP8.10, -20.90%
- Concrete Aggregates Corp. “A” (PSE: CA): PhP42.00, -15.66%
- Maybank ATR Kim Eng Financial Corp. (PSE: MAKE): PhP18.10, -13.6%
- ISM Communications Corp. (PSE: ISM): PhP1.83, -10.73%
- Benguet Corp. “A” (PSE: BC): PhP7.00, -9.09%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.077, -8.33%
- Discovery World Corp. (PSE: DWC): PhP2.61, -6.45%
- Abra Mining & Industrial Corp. (PSE: AR): PhP0.0031, -6.06%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Co. Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.171, -6.04%
- South China Resources Inc. (PSE: SOC): PhP0.95, -5%