PH Stocks Post Growth on Continued Market Optimism
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their gains Thursday, 9 May, on sustained optimism in the US market and strong 1Q performance of local firms.
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index grew by 0.18% or 13.13 points to close the trading day at 7,194.43.
Most sectors posted gains, led by the Holding Firms index, which gained 0.38%%. The Services sector gained 0.28%, while the Property index added 0.22%. Overall, the wider All Shares index grew by 0.18%.
Trading was moderate. Value turnover reached PhP6.68 billion on 1.85 billion shares traded. There were 83 gainers against 66 losers, while 71 stocks were flat.
The top most active stocks in terms of value are Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC, PSE: MPI), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), and Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI).
Today’s top gainers are below:
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP10.40, +48.15%
- BHI Holdings Inc. (PSE: BH): PhP600.00, +39.53%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP3.32, +27.20%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.66, +16.08%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.51, +15.91%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP3.05, +11.31%
- Philippine Bank of Communications (PSE: PBC): PhP79.60, +10.56%
- ISM Communications Corporation (PSE: ISM): PhP2.28, +9.62%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.078, +8.33%
- Omico Corporation (PSE: OM): PhP0.60, +7.14%
Top decliners are the following:
- Concrete Aggregates Corporation “A” (PSE: CA): PhP50.00, -16.67%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP2.70, -15.09%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP10.02, -12.11%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP21.00, -5.41%
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP8.11, -4.59%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.335, -4.29%
- Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP2.72, -3.89%
- Information Capital Technology Ventures Inc. (PSE: ICTV): PhP0.41, -3.53%
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corporation (PSE: RLT): PhP0.57, -3.39%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.183, -3.17%