PH Stocks Climb to 7300 Level
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks hit a new milestone Tuesday, 14 May, amid continued bullishness in the country’s economic outlook. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index rallied to break past the 7,300-point level and close today’s trading at 7,313.46, up by 0.7% or 51.08 points, but not before hitting a new all-time intraday high of 7,349.95 – a record yet again for the local bourse.
Leading the gaining sectors is the Services index, which gained 1.6%. The Financials segment came in at second, pulling in a 1.24% growth over the last trading day, followed by the Industrial index, which edged higher by 0.55%. The Mining and Oil sector, on the other hand, shed 2.59%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, improved by 0.41%.
Trading was heavy. Value turnover reached PhP10.02 billion on 1.47 billion shares traded. There were 81 advancers and 81 decliners, while 50 stocks were flat.
Most active stocks are Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (PSE: BLOOM), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC, PSE: MPI), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), and GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP).
Top gainers are:
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP3.45, +15.00%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.59, +11.97%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.89, +10.53%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP12.50, +8.70%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.37, +6.20%
- Holcim Philippines Inc. (PSE: HLCM): PhP14.98, +4.76%
- Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corp. (PSE: TA): PhP2.77, +4.53%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.48, +4.35%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.025, +4.17%
- Lafarge Republic Inc. (PSE: LRI): PhP11.96, +4.00%
Biggest losers are:
- Philex Petroleum Corporation (PSE: PXP): PhP22.6, -10.67%
- Alphaland Corporation (PSE: ALPHA): PhP18.00, -7.69%
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP7.11, -7.66%
- BDO Leasing & Finance Inc. (PSE: BLFI): PhP2.20, -7.56%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.80, -6.98%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP17.06, -6.26%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.017, -5.56%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP0.71, -5.33%
- Information Capital Technology Ventures Inc. (PSE: ICTV): PhP0.405, -4.71%
- Calata Corporation (PSE: CAL): PhP4.77, -4.60%