PH Stocks Near Record High
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continued their climb Wednesday, 22 May, as investors continue to remain bullish in the country’s economic outlook. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went up by 0.78% or 57.49 points to close today’s trading at 7,385.07 – less than 10 points away from its record high 7,392.2.
All counters are back in the green, led by the Holding Firms index, which increased by 0.93%. The Industrials went up by 0.85%, while both the Services and Property indices edged up by 0.73%. The Mining and Oil sector, meanwhile, is starting to recover, gaining 0.39% at the end of today’s session.
Trading was slightly heavy in terms of value, but noticeably low in terms of volume. Value turnover was PhP8.8 billion on 818.37 million shares traded. There were 93 gainers compared to 70 decliners, while 48 stocks remained flat.
The top most active stocks in terms of value today are SM Investments Corp. (SMIC, PSE: SM), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Universal Robina Corp. (PSE: URC), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT, PSE: TEL), LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), and Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC).
Below are today’s biggest gainers:
- Forum Pacific Inc. (PSE: FPI): PhP0.224, +11.44%
- Megaworld Corp. WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.85, +11.33%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corp. “A” (PSE: FJP): PhP3.90, +8.33%
- Victorias Milling Company Inc. (PSE: VMC): PhP1.95, +8.33%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.56, +5.66%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP3.15, +5.35%
- Seafront Resources Corp. (PSE: SPM): PhP2.20, +4.76%
- Cebu Property Venture & Development “A” (PSE: CPV): PhP5.50, +4.76%
- Cebu Property Venture & Development “B” (PSE: CPVB): PhP5.50, +4.76%
- TKC Steel Corp. (PSE: T): PhP2.88, +4.73%
Below are the biggest losers:
- United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.015, -6.25%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.22, -6.01%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.74, -5.95%
- Dizon Copper Silver Mines Inc. (PSE: DIZ): PhP8.00, -5.77%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.051, -5.56%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corp. (PSE: CPM): PhP1.02, -5.56%
- Phinma Corp. (PSE: PHN): PhP14.24, -5.07%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.32, -4.48%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP2.01, -4.29%
- IRC Properties Inc. (PSE: IRC): PhP1.27, -3.79%