Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks were down for a second session Friday, 24 May, amid continued profit taking. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index closed at 7,268.91, down by 0.62% from yesterday’s close of 7,314.38.
All counters bled. The Industrials shed 0.7% while the Financials slid by 0.64%. Both the Mining and Oil and Services indices dropped by 0.61%. The wider All Shares index, on the other hand, slid by 0.44%.
Trading was moderate. Value turnover reached PhP7.13 billion on 887 million shares traded. There were 57 gainers against 95 losers, while 56 stocks ended flat.
The top most active stocks are Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Bank of the Philippine Islands (PSE: BPI), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO) and SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM).
The top gainers are:
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP8.38, +7.99%
- Marcventures Holdings Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP1.84, +6.36%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.32, +5.6%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.21, +5.22%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP12.20, +5.17%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP0.64, +4.92%
- Lodestar Investment Holdings Corporation (PSE: LIHC): PhP0.78, +4.00%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP11.40, +3.64%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.81, +3.31%
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corporation (PSE: PMPC): PhP5.99, +3.28%
Below are the top decliners:
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP2.12, -20.30%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP10.50, -11.76%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corporation (PSE: FJP): PhP3.51, -10.00%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.35, -7.53%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.015, -6.25%
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP2.01, -6.07%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.017, -5.56%
- Dizon Copper Silver Mines Inc. (PSE: DIZ): PhP7.45, -5.22%
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.074, -5.13%
- Lopez Holdings Corporation (PSE: LPZ): PhP6.41, -5.04%