PH Stocks Jump Back to 6,000
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their rally Tuesday, 10 September, amid bullish China economic data lifted investor sentiment. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) gained 1.55% or 92.68 points to 6,089.72 – climbing back to the 6,000 level as investors hunt for bargains.
All counters gained more than 1 percent – except for the Mining and Oil index, which dropped by 0.62%. The Holding Firms sector led the gainers as it post a 1.96% increase during the trading day. The wider All Shares index meanwhile gained 1.28%.
Trading was slightly heavy. Value turnover reached PhP8.95 billion on 1.147 billion shares traded. There were 79 gainers against 54 losers, while 49 stocks were flat.
The most active stocks were SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP16.60, 2.09%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP125.00, 2.63%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.90, 1.32%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP74.25, 2.41%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP717.50, 2.65%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP79.80, 2.31%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP25.30, 1.81%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP19.84, 1.85%), Security Bank Corp. (SECB, PhP117.00, 0.34%), and Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,848.00, 1.28%).
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP20.80, 18.72%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.10, 10%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.70, 9.68%
- EasyCall Communications Philippines Inc. (PSE: ECP): PhP2.82, 9.3%
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corp. (PSE: RLT): PhP0.45, 8.43%
- Millennium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.39, 8.33%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.10, 7.84%
- Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (PSE: IMI): PhP1.99, 5.85%
- Splash Corp. (PSE: SPH): PhP1.95, 5.41%
- GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP): PhP800.00, 4.58%
- Primex Corp. (PSE: PRMX): PhP2.70, -20.12%
- SPC Power Corp. (PSE: SPC): PhP4.00, -19.19%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP15.00, -16.67%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.164, -15.03%
- First Abacus Financial Holdings Corp. (PSE: FAF): PhP0.77, -8.33%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.60, -7.51%
- AG Finance Inc. (PSE: AGF): PhP2.43, -6.54%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.62, -6.43%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.015, -6.25%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.14, -5.41%