Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their rally Monday, 15 July, amid optimism of the upcoming second quarter financial performance reports of local companies. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index breached the 6,600, closing at 6,619.95 – up by 0.7%.
All counters except for the Financials index, which shed 0.82%, posted gains. The Holding Firms sector led the gainers, edging higher by 1.43%. The Mining and Oil sector increased by 1.18%, while the All Shares index improved by 0.63%.
Trading was slow today, with value turnover reaching only PhP6.87 billion on 2.48 billion shares traded. According to PSE, foreign buying reached PhP3.69 billion, while foreign selling was PhP3.41 billion.
Today’s top gainers were Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,890.00, +1.47%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP114.00, -0.7%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP17.50, +2.94%), Megaworld Corporation (MEG, PhP3.35, +3.4%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP25.70, +2.8%), Robinsons Land Corporation (PSE: RLC, PhP23.05, +2.9%), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC, PhP125.60, +0.48%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP605.00, -1.14%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.4, NC), and Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPI, PhP5.02, -0.2%).
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.13, +10.72%
- Anglo Philippine Holdings Corporation (PSE: APO): PhP2.05, +9.63%
- Vitarich Corporation (PSE: VITA): PhP0.80, +9.59%
- Nihao Mineral Resources International Inc. (PSE: NI): PhP3.65, +8.63%
- Chemrez Technologies Inc. (PSE: COAT): PhP2.99, +6.79%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.395, +6.76%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.39, +6.11%
- Benguet Corporation “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP9.00, +5.88%
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP2.98, +5.67%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP16.88, +5.5%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.40, -15%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.02, -9.73%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.18, -9.23%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.76, -5.38%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- Leisure & Resorts World Corporation (PSE: LR): PhP7.40, -4.76%
- Agrinurture Inc. (PSE: ANI): PhP5.48, -4.7%
- Abacus Consolidated Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: ABA): PhP0.62, -4.62%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.70, -3.95%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.10, -3.85%