PH Stocks Continue Recovery, Close Near 4,900 Mark
Manila–(PHStocks)–Local shares continued their gains on Wednesday, possibly on investors’ bargain hunting for stocks that have slumped during the past several days. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) rose by 1.6% to 4,897.65 points, marking its second consecutive day of gains after bleeding last week.
All counters are on the up, led by the Holding Firms index, which gained 2.78%. The Industrials index further its recovery by gaining 1.98% today, while the Financials sector went back to its growth mode by posting an increase of 0.68%.
Trading volume reached 5.72 billion today, valued at PhP6.2 billion. There were 99 gainers against 53 losers and 49 unchanged stocks.
The top gainers for the day are as follows:
1. IRC Properties Inc. (PSE: IRC): PhP1.70, +20.57%
2. Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP5.20, +15.04%
3. Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “A” (PSE: MIH): PhP1.72, +13.91%
4. National Reinsurance Corporation of the Philippines (PSE: NRCP): PhP2.85, +13.55%
5. Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.455, +12.35%
6. Mabuhay Holdings Corp. (PSE: MHC): PhP0.72, +10.77%
7. Leisure & Resorts World Corp. (PSE: LR): PhP7.52, +10.59%
8. Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.013, +8.33%
9. First Metro Investment Corp. (PSE: FMIC): PhP67.00, +8.06%
10. Oriental Petroleum & Mineral Corp. “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.028, +7.69%