PH Stocks Continue Gains
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their gains Monday, 17 June, as more investors continue to hunt for bargains after last week’s bloodbath. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index closed today’s trading at 6,339.41—up by 1.56% or 97.15 points from last week.
On a sectoral basis, the Property segment led the gainers, growing by 3.94%. The Industrials index edged higher by 1.72%, while the Financials sector grew by 1.37%. The wider All Shares index went up by 1.15% to improve to 3,942.43.
Trading was moderate. Value turnover reached PhP6.985 billion on 528 million shares traded. There were 99 gainers against 53 losers, while 39 stocks remained flat.
Top most active stocks for the day are Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (PSE: AEV), Manila Electric Company (PSE: MER), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC).
Top gainers for the day:
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP1.85, +13.5%
- Cyber Bay Corporation (PSE: CYBR): PhP0.55, +10%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP21.50, +9.81%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS): PhP16.20, +9.46%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.30, +9.24%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP1.42, +9.23%
- Lorenzo Shipping Corporation (PSE: LSC): PhP1.50, +8.7%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.30, +8.33%
- PetroEnergy Resources Corporation (PSE: PERC): PhP6.54, +8.1%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.014, +7.69%
Top losers for the day:
- Southeast Asia Cement Holdings Inc. (PSE: CMT): PhP1.30, -18.75%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corporation (PSE: FJP): PhP3.00, -13.54%
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP7.00, -13.37%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP3.90, -8.45%
- Transpacific Broadband Group International Inc. (PSE: TBGI): PhP2.30, -7.26%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP11.00, -6.46%
- Far Eastern University Inc. (PSE: FEU): PhP1,170.00, -6.4%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.015, -6.25%
- Manila Mining Corporation “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.038, -5%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP16.16, -4.38%