PH Stocks Cement Foothold at High 4900s
Manila–(PHStocks)–The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) ended Friday, 9 March, 0.5% higher from the previous day at 4,980.71 points, continuing on its track to breach 5,000 points again.
The PSEi reached 5,016.30 points on Friday, 2 March, and further grew to 5,030.58 on Monday, 5 March. Tuesday and Wednesday saw massive selloffs as investors cash in on their gains. Wednesday, in particular, saw the PSEi dip to 4,921.36 points, down 0.93% from the previous day. The mainboard index recovered on Thursday, gaining 0.76% to close at 4,958.52.
On a sectoral basis, the Industrials index extended its gains at the close of trading day today, posting a 1.45% growth. The Property sector gained 0.8%, while the Financials index went up by 0.45%.
Trading volume reached 5.91 billion, valued at PhP5.4 billion. There were 93 gainers against 73 losers and 36 flat stocks.
The top gainers for the day are as follows:
1. Maybank ATR KimEng Financial Corp. (PSE: MAKE): PhP6.00, +50%
2. Alaska Milk Corp. (PSE: AMC): PhP20.00, +25%
3. LMG Chemicals Corp. (PSE: LMG): PhP4.46, +15.84%
4. Cebu Property Ventures and Development Corp. “B” (PSE: CPVB): PhP4.60, +15%
5. Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.201, +14.2%
6. Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.017, +13.33%
7. Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PSE: SLI): PhP0.84, +10.53%
8. Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP9.60, +10.34%
9. Seafront Resources Corp. (PSE: SPM): PhP1.60, +8.84%
10. MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.239, +4.82%