Manila—(PHStocks)—Riding on the continuing optimism in the country’s economic outlook, as well as in anticipation of upcoming economic data to be released this week, Philippine stocks rallied to a new record high at the close of today’s trading, breaching the 6,200-point mark.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) grew by 0.68% to 6,234.73 – another record for the local bourse after it breached 6,100 early this month.
The wider All-Shares index likewise rallied, edging higher by 0.69%, while the Property index led all counters with a gain of 1.37%.
The Industrials, meanwhile, increased by 0.9%, while the Holding Firms sector came in third on a sectoral basis with a 0.87% growth.
About 2.67 billion shares were traded today, with a turnover of about PhP10.13 billion. About 109 stocks rose while 67 decline.
Below are the top gainers today:
- Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corp. (PSE: TA): PhP1.68, +15.86%
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP6.50, +12.07%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP31, +10.91%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP11.98, +6.96%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1, +6.38%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.22, +5.71%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP9.88, +5.11%
- Century Properties Group Inc. (PSE: CPG): PhP2.08, +5.05%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.152, +4.83%
- Calata Corporation (PSE: CAL): PhP3.91, +4.83%
Below, meanwhile, are the top decliners:
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.063, -7.35%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP0.97, -6.73%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.36, -5.60%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.265, -5.36%
- ISM Communications Corporation (PSE: ISM): PhP2.17, -4.82%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.023, -4.17%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “B” (PSE: MIHB): PhP13.50, -3.57%
- Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP4.34, -3.56%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP17, -3.41%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP0.57, -3.39%