PH Stocks Breach 6,200pts
Manila—(PHStocks)—Riding on the continuing optimism in the country’s economic outlook, as well as in anticipation of upcoming economic data to be released this week, Philippine stocks rallied to a new record high at the close of today’s trading, breaching the 6,200-point mark.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) grew by 0.68% to 6,234.73 – another record for the local bourse after it breached 6,100 early this month.
The wider All-Shares index likewise rallied, edging higher by 0.69%, while the Property index led all counters with a gain of 1.37%.
The Industrials, meanwhile, increased by 0.9%, while the Holding Firms sector came in third on a sectoral basis with a 0.87% growth.
About 2.67 billion shares were traded today, with a turnover of about PhP10.13 billion. About 109 stocks rose while 67 decline.
Below are the top gainers today:
- Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corp. (PSE: TA): PhP1.68, +15.86%
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP6.50, +12.07%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP31, +10.91%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP11.98, +6.96%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1, +6.38%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.22, +5.71%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP9.88, +5.11%
- Century Properties Group Inc. (PSE: CPG): PhP2.08, +5.05%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.152, +4.83%
- Calata Corporation (PSE: CAL): PhP3.91, +4.83%
Below, meanwhile, are the top decliners:
- Crown Equities Inc. (PSE: CEI): PhP0.063, -7.35%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP0.97, -6.73%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.36, -5.60%
- Unioil Resources & Holdings Company Inc. (PSE: UNI): PhP0.265, -5.36%
- ISM Communications Corporation (PSE: ISM): PhP2.17, -4.82%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.023, -4.17%
- Manchester International Holdings Unlimited Corp. “B” (PSE: MIHB): PhP13.50, -3.57%
- Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP4.34, -3.56%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP17, -3.41%
- Suntrust Home Developers Inc. (PSE: SUN): PhP0.57, -3.39%
One thought on “PH Stocks Breach 6,200pts”
Pingback: PHStocks Week in Review: Strong Beginning | PHStocks