Profit Taking Reverses PH Stocks Rally
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks dropped on Thursday, 31 October, as investors locked in their profits after the recovery yesterday.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) shed 0.18% or 11.83 points to close the last trading day of the month at 6,585.38.
The Property (+0.04%), Services (+0.37%) and Industrial (+0.02%) indices managed to maintain their levels and somehow eke out some growth. The worst performers, on the other hand, were led by the Financials, which lost 0.69%. The wider All Shares index likewise just maintained its level.
Selloff was slightly heavy, with value turnover reaching nearly PhP8.3 billion on 1.366 billion shares traded. Foreign buying was PhP4.81 billion and foreign selling reached PhP4.96 billion. There were 86 gainers against 68 decliners, while 37 stocks were flat.
Most active stocks in terms of value were SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP19.18, 2.68%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,870.00, 0.35%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP603.00, 0.25%), BDO Unibank Inc. (BDO, PhP81.00, 0.62%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP89.00, -1.11%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP856.00, 0.12%), Metro Pacific Investments Corp. (MPI, PhP4.88, 0.21%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.45, -1.83%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP16.62, 0.12%), and Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP127.50, 1.59%
- Cebu Property Venture & Development “A” (PSE: CPV): PhP5.00, 25.00%
- Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PSE: SLI): PhP0.68, 11.48%
- Citystate Savings Bank Inc. (PSE: CSB): PhP10.00, 11.11%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP2.70, 9.31%
- Greenergy Holdings Inc. (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.014, 7.69%
- First Abacus Financial Holdings Corp. (PSE: FAF): PhP0.84, 6.33%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “A” (PSE: APX): PhP2.40, 6.19%
- Holcim Philippines Inc. (PSE: HLCM): PhP13.98, 5.91%
- Transpacific Broadband Group International Inc. (PSE: TBGI): PhP2.30, 5.50%
- Republic Glass Holdings Corp. (PSE: REG): PhP2.77, 5.32%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corp. (PSE: CHIPS): PhP12.00, -16.67%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP1.87, -10.95%
- Philippine Racing Club Inc. (PSE: PRC): PhP8.81, -9.08%
- Ionics Inc. (PSE: ION): PhP0.44, -8.33%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.35, -7.89%
- Millennium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.38, -7.32%
- ISM Communications Corp. (PSE: ISM): PhP1.82, -7.14%
- AG Finance Inc. (PSE: AGF): PhP2.82, -6.62%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.018, -5.26%
- Harbor Star Shipping Services Inc. (PSE: TUGS): PhP1.81, -5.24%