PH Stocks Up on Bullish Sentiment
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks were up Friday, 15 November, as investor confidence gets a lift from soon-to-become U.S. Fed chairman Janet Yellen’s statements that the Fed will likely continue the stimulus package amid tepid economic growth and the persistently high unemployment rate.
The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went up by 0.29% or 18.52 points to close today’s trading at 6,346.4. On sectoral basis, however, the Industrial, Services and Mining and Oil indices were down, albeit minimally. On the up were the Financials (+0.38%), Holding Firms (+0.73%) and Property (+0.26%). The wider All-Shares index, on the other hand, increased by 0.11%.
Trading was moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP6.85 billion on 984 million traded shares. According to PSE, foreign buying reached PhP4.41 billion while foreign selling was PhP4.74 billion. There were 74 gainers against 74 decliners, while 50 stocks were flat.
The most active stocks in terms of value are Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,798.00, -0.07%), Puregold Price Club Inc. (PGOLD, PhP42.70, -4.04%), Semirara Mining Corp. (SCC, PhP282.00, 1.44%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP80.40, -0.12%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.90, 0.75%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP14.82, -1.07%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP771.00, 0.78%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP17.38, -1.03%), JG Summit Holdings Inc. (JGS, PhP47.90, -1.44%), and Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc. (PSE: RRHI, PhP58.70, -1.51%).
- Ayala Corp. Preferred Class “B” Shares (PSE: ACPB): PhP514.50, 413.99%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.76, 10.70%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.014, 7.69%
- BDO Leasing & Finance Inc. (PSE: BLFI): PhP2.10, 6.60%
- Calata Corp. (PSE: CAL): PhP3.65, 5.49%
- A. Soriano Corp. (PSE: ANS): PhP6.90, 5.34%
- ISM Communications Corp. (PSE: ISM): PhP1.89, 5.00%
- DMCI Holdings Inc. (PSE: DMC): PhP53.00, 3.92%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.028, 3.70%
- Sinophil Corp. (PSE: SINO): PhP0.29, 3.57%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP3.51, -13.76%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP6.20, -8.96%
- Benguet Corp. “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP7.02, -7.63%
- Yehey! Corp. (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.22, -6.15%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP16.00, -4.76%
- Marcventures Holdings Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP3.76, -4.57%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Co. “A” (PSE: LC): PhP0.35, -4.11%
- Puregold Price Club Inc. (PSE: PGOLD): PhP42.70, -4.04%
- Anglo Philippine Holdings Corp. (PSE: APO): PhP1.80, -3.74%
- Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.395, -3.66%