PH Stocks Take Pause on Profit Taking
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks retreated slightly Monday, 21 October, as investors locked in their gains.
The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) slid by 0.16% or 10.27 points to close today’s trading at 6,597.56.
Only the Industrials and Property sectors maintained their rally, gaining 0.47% and 0.46%, respectively. Leading the losers, on the other hand, was the Services segment, which declined just by 0.67%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, just slipped by 0.11%.
Trading was moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP7.98 billion on 1.21 billion shares traded. There were 70 gainers against 77 losers, while 46 stocks were flat. According the PSE, foreign buying reached PhP4.86 billion while foreign selling was PhP5.04 billion.
Today’s top most active stocks in terms of value include Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,834.00, -0.77%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP30.65, 0.49%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP16.40, -2.84%), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. (MBT, PhP89.40, -2.83%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP615.50, -1.36%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP26.65, 0.76%), Emperador Inc. (EMP, PhP11.68, -0.34%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP127.40, 2.17%), GT Capital Holdings Inc. (GTCAP, PhP884.50, 3.33%), and International Container Terminal Services Inc. (ICT, PhP105.00, -0.57%).
- Synergy Grid & Development Phils. Inc. (PSE: SGP): PhP310.00, 21.57%
- Lorenzo Shipping Corp. (PSE: LSC): PhP1.40, 18.64%
- Calata Corp. (PSE: CAL): PhP3.65, 18.12%
- Island Information and Technology Inc. (PSE: IS): PhP0.04, 8.11%
- Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP1.58, 6.76%
- Nickel Asia Corp. (PSE: NIKL): PhP16.22, 6.71%
- Seafront Resources Corp. (PSE: SPM): PhP1.75, 6.71%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.78, 5.33%
- Manila Mining Corp. “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.025, 4.17%
- Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP23.95, 4.13%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP2.06, -14.52%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.05, -12.50%
- Premiere Horizon Alliance Corp. (PSE: PHA): PhP0.26, -10.34%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.66, -8.50%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.10, -8.33%
- Primex Corp. (PSE: PRMX): PhP2.53, -6.30%
- Acesite (Philippines) Hotel Corp. (PSE: ACE): PhP1.08, -5.26%
- Sinophil Corp. (PSE: SINO): PhP0.28, -5.08%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.021, -4.55%
- Benguet Corp. “A” (PSE: BC): PhP8.50, -4.49%