PH Stocks Start Road to Recovery
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks rebounded Friday, 14 June, as investors start hunting for bargains after a bloody week of trading. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went up by 2.1% or 128.18 points to slightly recover from its more than 400-point decline this week, closing at 6,242.26.
All counters were also back in the green, led by the Services sector, which gained 2.4%. The Holding Firms segment edged up by 2.23% while the Property sector, one of the biggest losing indices this week, went up by 1.95%. The wider All Shares index, meanwhile, improved by 1.64%.
Trading was slightly heavy. Value turnover reached PhP10.86 billion on 1 billion shares traded. There were 111 gainers against 50 losers, while 41 stocks were flat.
The most active stocks were Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company “Common” (PLDT, PSE: TEL), SM Investments Corporation (PSE: SM), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (PSE: MBT), SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (PSE: SMPH), BDO Unibank, Inc. (PSE: BDO), Ayala Land, Inc. (PSE: ALI), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Ayala Corporation (PSE: AC), Alliance Global Group, Inc. (PSE: AGI), and Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG).
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP7.00, +16.67%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP1.30, +13.04%
- Waterfront Philippines Inc. (PSE: WPI): PhP0.38, +11.76%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.021, +10.53%
- Araneta Properties, Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.50, +10.29%
- Arthaland Corporation (PSE: ALCO): PhP0.213, +9.23%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.60, +9.09%
- Paxys, Inc. (PSE: PAX): PhP2.15, +7.5%
- A Brown Company, Inc. (PSE: BRN): PhP2.27, +7.08%
- Zeus Holdings, Inc. (PSE: ZHI): PhP0.39, +6.85%
- MJCI Investments, Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP3.00, -40%
- Manila Jockey Club, Inc. (PSE: MJC): PhP2.01, -12.61%
- Keppel Philippine Holdings, Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP4.50, -10%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS): PhP14.80, -9.2%
- Petroenergy Resources Corporation (PSE: PERC): PhP6.05, -7.63%
- Phoenix Petroleum Philippines, Inc. (PSE: PNX): PhP5.90, -7.52%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP1.63, -7.39%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.013, -7.14%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.30, -6.47%
- Philippine National Bank (PSE: PNB): PhP85.50, -5%
- Solid Group, Inc. (PSE: SGI): PhP1.90, -5%