PH Stocks Slip on Profit Taking
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks falter Thursday, 24 October, as investors locked in their gains after a two-day rally. The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) slid by 0.77% or 51.34 points to close at 6,583.77.
All counters except the Mining and Oil segment (+0.18) were down, led by the Property sector, which declined by 1.64%. The wider All Shares index lost 0.59%.
Trading was slow, with value turnover reaching only PhP5.8 billion on 1 billion shares traded. Foreign buying was PhP3.35 billion, while foreign selling was PhP3.98 billion. There were 45 gainers today against 100 losers, while 38 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks in terms of value include Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,860.00, 0.14%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP611.00, -0.89%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP27.00, 0.19%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP16.50, 0.49%), Ayala Land Inc. (ALI, PhP29.90, -1.64%), Emperador Inc. (PSE: EMP): PhP12.16, 4.29%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP126.10, -1.48%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP853.00, -1.16%), Puregold Price Club Inc. (PSE: PGOLD): PhP45.85, -0.22%) and GT Capital Holdings Inc. (PSE: GTCAP): PhP867.00, -0.29%.
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP2.02, 34.67%
- Maybank ATR Kim Eng Financial Corp. (PSE: MAKE): PhP23.00, 21.05%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP2.24, 6.67%
- Benguet Corp. “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP8.40, 6.6%
- Pacific Online Systems Corp. (PSE: LOTO): PhP17.00, 6.25%
- Philippine Seven Corp. (PSE: SEVN): PhP104.00, 6.12%
- Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.435, 4.82%
- NextStage Inc. (PSE: NXT): PhP2.18, 4.81%
- Emperador Inc. (EMP): PhP12.16, 4.29%
- DFNN Inc. (PSE: DFNN): PhP4.15, 3.49%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.50, -11.24%
- Omico Corp. (PSE: OM): PhP0.41, -9.89%
- Asian Terminals Inc. (PSE: ATI): PhP11.50, -7.7%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corp. (PSE: FJP): PhP3.05, -7.58%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.23, -6.12%
- Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp. (PSE: MB): PhP0.70, -5.41%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.019, -5%
- BDO Leasing & Finance Inc. (PSE: BLFI): PhP1.98, -4.81%
- Liberty Telecoms Holdings Inc. (PSE: LIB): PhP2.00, -4.76%
- Swift Foods Inc. (PSE: SFI): PhP0.124, -4.62%