PH Stocks Slide on Profit Taking
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks end lower Thursday, 4 July, as investors move to cash in on some of their gains. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index slipped by 0.24% or 15.86 points to close the day’s trading at 6,464.26.
Today, the Industrials and the Holding Firms sectors suffered declines, with the former losing 0.59% while the latter, 0.49%. The Mining and Oil sector, meanwhile, recovered sharply from yesterday’s declines, jumping 6.44%. The Services index, on the other hand, went up by 0.42%. The wider All Shares index more or less maintained its levels from yesterday, gaining just 0.05%.
Trading was slightly muted today, with value turnover just reaching PhP5.43 billion on 1.8 billion shares traded. There were 99 gainers against 57 losers, while 36 stocks were flat.
Top most active for today in terms of volume are SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (MPIC, PSE: MPI), Manila Electric Company (PSE: MER), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), First Gen Corporation (PSE: FGEN), Bloomberry Resorts Corp. (PSE: BLOOM), and Security Bank Corporation (PSE: SECB).
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “A” (PSE: LC): PhP0.59, +22.92%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.40, +18.23%
- Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP1.42, +16.39%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP1.20, +15.38%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.61, +15.09%
- Prime Orion Philippines Inc. (PSE: POPI): PhP0.62, +14.81%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “B” (PSE: APXB): PhP3.75, +13.64%
- Manila Mining Corporation “A” (PSE: MA): PhP0.034, +13.33%
- Manila Mining Corporation “B” (PSE: MAB): PhP0.035, +12.9%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.315, +10.53%
- Asian Terminals Inc. (PSE: ATI): PhP12.10, -6.2%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.017, -5.56%
- National Reinsurance Corporation of the Philippines (PSE: NRCP): PhP1.65, -4.07%
- SPC Power Corporation (PSE: SPC): PhP4.90, -3.92%
- Philippine Savings Bank (PSE: PSB): PhP135.00, -3.57%
- Manila Water Company Inc. (PSE: MWC): PhP30.75, -3.45%
- Globe Telecom Inc. (PSE: GLO): PhP1,500.00, -3.23%
- ABS-CBN Corporation (PSE: ABS): PhP38.50, -2.78%
- Victorias Milling Company Inc. (PSE: VMC): PhP1.80, -2.7%
- Cyber Bay Corporation (PSE: CYBR): PhP0.72, -2.7%