PH Stocks Rally on Positive Vote on Greece’s Austerity Package
Manila—(PHStocks)—Local shares rallied on Monday, 13 February, on news that the Greek parliament has approved the austerity package needed for its second bailout fund. The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went up to 4,802.03 points – the third consecutive week that it has breached the 4,800-point mark.
The Mining and Oil sector went up 2.47%, followed by the Financials index, which rose by 1.34%. Trading volume reached 7.54 billion, valued at PhP7.77 billion. There were 85 gainers against 87 losers, while 38 stocks remained flat.
Below are the top price gainers for the day:
1. MJC Investments Corp. (PSE: MJIC): PhP2.77, +42.05%
2. Lodestar Investment Holdings Corp. (PSE: LIHC): PhP1.19, +21.43%
3. GEOGRACE Resources Philippines Inc. (PSE: GEO): PhP1.06, +19.1%
4. Anchor Land Holdings Inc. (PSE: ALHI): PhP23.30, +15.92%
5. GLOBALPORT 900 Inc. (PSE: PORT): PhP23.00, +15.12%
6. Acesite (Philippines) Hotel Corp. (PSE: ACE): PhP6.37, +13.95%
7. Dizon Copper Silver Mines Inc. (PSE: DIZ): PhP25.45, +13.36%
8. City & Land Developers Inc. (PSE: LAND): PhP1.69, +11.18%
9. Swift Foods, Inc. – Convertible Preferred (PSE: SFIP): PhP1.11, +11%
10. Cebu Property Ventures and Development Corp. “B” (PSE: CPVB): PhP3.10, +10.71%