PH Stocks Rally Continues
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their growth for the fourth session in line with continued optimism in the country’s macroeconomic fundamentals. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index went up by 0.61% or 42.64 points to close at 7,070.99 on Tuesday, 30 April, getting nearer to the highest close so far that was 7,120.48 – achieved on 22 April.
The biggest gaining sector was the Services, which gained 1.23%. Not far behind was the Property segment, which increased by 1.21%. The Mining and Oil index, on the other hand, continued its slide as investors lock in their gains during the past few sessions.
Overall, trading was moderately heavy. Value turnover reached PhP10.84 billion on 4.1 billion traded shares. There were 91 gainers and 82 decliners, while 39 stocks remained flat.
The top active stocks in terms of value are Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), and Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI).
The top gainers for the day are as follows:
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP24.90, +13.18%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.90, +10.40%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP19.10, +8.52%
- Phoenix Petroleum Philippines Inc. (PSE: PNX): PhP9.72, +8.00%
- Phinma Corporation (PSE: PHN): PhP15.00, +7.14%
- Omico Corporation (PSE: OM): PhP0.62, +6.90%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.017, +6.25%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.59, +6.00%
- Greenergy Holdings Incorporated (PSE: GREEN): PhP0.018, +5.88%
- Vivant Corporation (PSE: VVT): PhP9.60, +5.49%
The top decliners are as follows:
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP2.10, -10.64%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP6.00, -9.09%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.63, -8.68%
- Paxys Inc. (PSE: PAX): PhP2.65, -7.99%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP12.36, -7.76%
- Premiere Horizon Alliance Corporation (PSE: PHA): PhP0.335, -6.94%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.046, -6.12%
- Lepanto Consolidated Mining Company “B” (PSE: LCB): PhP0.96, -5.88%
- Calata Corporation (PSE: CAL): PhP4.55, -5.80%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.173, -5.46%