Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks managed to grow despite slow performance among regional markets. The mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index edged higher by 0.11% to close at 6,857.48 – extending its gains for a second session.
The Financials, Services and Mining and Oil indices retreated, sliding by 0.58%, 0.02% and 0.78%, respectively. Leading the gainers, on the other hand, is the Property sector, which gained 0.56%, followed by the Holding Firms segment, which edged higher by 0.54%.
Trading, on the other hand, was moderately heavy. Value turnover reached PhP11.35 billion on 4 billion shares traded. There were 83 gainers and 73 losers, while 49 stocks were flat.
The top five most active stocks today are LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), and Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI).
The top gainers for the day are:
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.161, +19.26%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.00, +17.19%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP9.00, +14.21%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.8.0, +13.82%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP2.98, +11.61%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.39, +8.59%
- Vulcan Industrial & Mining (PSE: VUL): PhP2.04, +8.51%
- Century Peak Metals Holdings Corporation (PSE: CPM): PhP1.13, +7.62%
- Victorias Milling Company Inc. (PSE: VMC): PhP1.71, +7.55%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP1.45, +7.41%
Below are the biggest price decliners:
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP13.94, -12.88%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP22.00, -8.33%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP4.59, -5.36%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.40, -4.76%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.021, -4.55%
- Alliance Select Foods International Inc. (PSE: FOOD): PhP1.99, -4.33%
- I-Remit Inc. (PSE: I): PhP2.76, -4.17%
- Nickel Asia Corporation (PSE: NIKL): PhP25.35, -3.98%
- Philippine Estates Corporation (PSE: PHES): PhP0.58, -3.33%
- Chemrez Technologies Inc. (PSE: COAT): PhP3.00, -3.23%