PH Stocks Pull Back Amid Profit Taking
Manila—(PHStocks)— Philippine stocks ended lower on Monday, 15 April, as investors cash in on their gains after the market posted another record high last Friday, 12 April. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index shed 0.78% or 53.66 to close at 6,837.77 as investors lock their profits after the rally.
All counters are in the red, led by the Mining and Oil index, which dropped by 2.13%. The Services index lost 1.27%, while the Property sector slid by 0.99%.
Trading was moderately heavy. Value turnover reached PhP8.87 billion on nearly 3 billion shares traded. There were 65 gainers against 97 losers, while 41 stocks were flat.
The top five most active stocks in terms of volume are SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Metro Pacific Investments Corporation (PSE: MPI), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI), and Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC).
The top gainers for the day are:
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP2.10, +13.51%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP6.25, +10.04%
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corporation (PSE: PMPC): PhP6.00, +9.29%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP4.04, +6.32%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP10.86, +6.26%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP2.69, +5.91%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.79, +5.29%
- IRC Properties Inc. (PSE: IRC): PhP1.29, +4.88%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.023, +4.55%
- Cebu Air Inc. (PSE: CEB): PhP76.30, +3.81%
Below are the day’s top losers:
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP4.82, -12.36%
- Melco Crown (Philippines) Resorts Corporation (PSE: MCP): PhP15.00, -9.09%
- Benguet Corporation “A” (PSE: BC): PhP15.80, -8.67%
- Benguet Corporation “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP16.00, -6.54%
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corporation (PSE: RLT): PhP0.54, -5.26%
- Shang Properties Inc. (PSE: SHNG): PhP3.40, -5.03%
- First Abacus Financial Holdings Corp. (PSE: FAF): PhP0.82, -4.65%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.30, -4.41%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: ATN): PhP1.32, -4.35%
- Prime Orion Philippines Inc. (PSE: POPI): PhP0.68, -4.23%