PH Stocks Make Strong Rebound
Manila—(PHStocks)—Positive market sentiment in the United States amid economic growth, and announcements from the China government to ease its financial market have fuelled Philippine stocks’ strong rally today, 26 June. The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index soared by 5.7% – the highest recorded growth among the Asia-Pacific stock indexes today – to close the session at 6,118.94 – recouping most of its losses during the recent sell-off and ending a five-day decline.
All counters were back in the green, led by the Holding Firms sector, which gained 6.91%; followed by Industrials, +6.88%, and Property, +6.11%. The wider All Shares index increased by 4.77%.
Volume turnover reached 1.58 billion shares today, valued at PhP9.63 billion. According to PSE data, foreign buying was Php6.51 billion while foreign selling was PhP5.3 billion. There were 146 gainers today against 34 losers, while 30 stocks were flat.
Today’s most active stocks are SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (PLDT, PSE: TEL), Universal Robina Corporation (PSE: URC), Ayala Land Inc. (PSE: ALI), LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG), Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (Metrobank, PSE: MBT), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (PSE: SMPH), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), BDO Unibank Inc. (PSE: BDO), and Alliance Global Group Inc. (PSE: AGI).
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP7.68, +28%
- Asia Amalgamated Holdings (PSE: AAA): PhP3.75, +25%
- Cyber Bay Corporation (PSE: CYBR): PhP0.61, +19.61%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS1 (PSE: MEGW1): PhP2.00, +16.96%
- Prime Orion Philippines Inc. (PSE: POPI): PhP0.61, +15.09%
- Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (PSE: AEV): PhP45.95, +14.88%
- Manila Water Company Inc. (PSE: MWC): PhP33.40, +12.27%
- LMG Chemicals Corporation (PSE: LMG): PhP2.20, +12.24%
- Ginebra San Miguel Inc. (PSE: GSMI): PhP13.98, +11.84%
- Millenium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.39, +11.43%
- Chemical Industries of the Philippines (PSE: CIP): PhP73.20, -33.33%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP2.90, -25.64%
- Omico Corporation (PSE: OM): PhP0.40, -14.89%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP6.10, -14.57%
- Oriental Peninsula Resources Group Inc. (PSE: ORE): PhP1.20, -10.45%
- Benguet Corporation “A” (PSE: BC): PhP10.00, -9.09%
- Wellex Industries Inc. (PSE: WIN): PhP0.215, -8.51%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.72, -7.53%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “A” (PSE: APX): PhP3.10, -7.19%
- Cebu Property Venture & Development “A” (PSE: CPV): PhP5.20, -7.14%