Manila—(PHStocks)—The Philippine stock market continued their rally Friday, 12 April, buoyed by strong market performance in U.S. markets. The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) index hit 6,891.43, up by 0.87% or 59.69 points – a new record high for the local bourse amid continued optimism in the local market.
Except for the slight 0.12% drop in the Industrials sector, all remaining counters were in the green. Leading the pack is the Services index, which recovered slightly from its 0.16% drop yesterday to post a 0.12% growth today. The Holding Firms segment, meanwhile, continued its growth by adding 1.13%.
Trading was moderate. Value turnover was just PhP7.59 billion, while volume of shares traded reached 4.586 billion. There were 99 gainers against 54 losers, while 48 stocks remained flat.
The most active stocks in terms of value are SM Investments Corporation (SMIC, PSE: SM), Ayala Corp. (PSE: AC), Alcorn Gold Resources Corporation (PSE: APM), DMCI Holdings Inc. (PSE: DMC), and Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc. (PSE: AEV).
Top gainers for the day are as follows:
- Federal Resources Investment Group Inc. (PSE: FED): PhP10.98, +13.20%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP3.3, +10%
- iRipple Inc. (PSE: RPL): PhP9.70, +8.38%
- Megawide Construction Corporation (PSE: MWIDE): PhP19.26, +8.2%
- Pacifica Inc. (PSE: PA): PhP0.048, +6.67%
- Medco Holdings Inc. (PSE: MED): PhP0.52, +6.12%
- TKC Steel Corporation (PSE: T): PhP2.45, +6.06%
- Cirtek Holdings Philippines Corporation (PSE: CHIPS): PhP17.80, +5.95%
- DMCI Holdings Inc. (PSE: DMC): PhP60.40, +5.78%
- Philippine Realty & Holdings Corporation (PSE: RLT): PhP0.57, +5.56%
The biggest losers for the day, meanwhile are below:
- Central Azucarera De Tarlac (PSE: CAT): PhP13.00, -10.34%
- Ever-Gotesco Resources & Holdings Inc. (PSE: EVER): PhP0.29, -9.38%
- Lorenzo Shipping Corporation (PSE: LSC): PhP1.50, -9.09%
- Centro Escolar University (PSE: CEU): PhP10.22, -6.75%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP24.00, -6.25%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.80, -6.17%
- IP E-Game Ventures Inc. (PSE: EG): PhP0.022, -4.35%
- Holcim Philippines Inc. (PSE: HLCM): PhP13.24, -3.36%
- Philippine Estates Corporation (PSE: PHES): PhP0.58, -3.33%
- Yehey! Corporation (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.45, -3.33%