PH Stocks Greet February on Higher Ground
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks ended the week, and a the same time greeted the month of February, on a strong note, as the mainboard Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) breached the 6,300-point mark to set a new record at 6,318.61 – up 1.22% from yesterday.
Within the day, the blue-chip index maintained its foothold at the 6,300 level, reaching 6,310 at around 10 minutes before market recess, and then holding at 6,321.76 by midday. As of 3:00pm, the index was at 6,337.62, possibly the highest intraday peak so far, before slightly going down to 6,318.61 at the close of the trading day – a new record breaker.
All counters except for the Holding Firms segment, which slid further by 0.34%, posted moderate gains. The Property sector increased the highest – at 3.32% – followed by the Services sector, which gained 1.61%. The Mining and Oil index, meanwhile, went up by 1.16%.
The wider All-Shares index, likewise went up, gaining 1% to 3,977.07.
About 4.08 billion shares changed hands today, pushing total turnover value to PhP11.625 billion. There were 98 gainers against 66 losers, while 51 stocks remained flat.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
- National Reinsurance Corporation of the Philippines (PSE: NRCP): PhP2, +14.94%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP0.94, +13.25%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.54, +12.50%
- Globe Telecom Inc. (PSE: GLO): PhP1,185, +10.34%
- House of Investments Inc. (PSE: HI): PhP7.16, +10.15%
- IRC Properties Inc. (PSE: IRC): PhP1.26, +9.57%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.023, +9.52%
- EEI Corporation (PSE: EEI): PhP12.58, +9.39%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation “B” (PSE: OPMB): PhP0.024, +9.09%
- ATN Holdings Inc. “B” (PSE: ATNB): PhP0.98, +7.69%
Below, meanwhile, are the top decliners:
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP5.65, -14.26%
- Highlands Prime Inc. (PSE: HP): PhP1.75, -11.62%
- Keppel Philippine Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP4.70, -11.32%
- Prime Media Holdings Inc. (PSE: PRIM): PhP1.95, -9.72%
- Euro-Med Laboratories Philippines Inc. (PSE: EURO): PhP1.80, -5.26%
- Benguet Corporation “B” (PSE: BCB): PhP18.02, -5.16%
- MJCI Investments Inc. (PSE: MJIC): PhP6.20, -4.62%
- Cityland Development Corporation (PSE: CDC): PhP1.13, -4.24%
- Manulife Financial Corporation (PSE: MFC): PhP 520, -3.70%
- 2GO Group Inc. (PSE: 2GO): PhP1.83, -3.68%
One thought on “PH Stocks Greet February on Higher Ground”
Pingback: PHStocks Week in Review: Strong Beginning | PHStocks