PH Stocks Fall to 6500 Level
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks extended their declines Monday, 18 March, with the bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange (PSEi) index closing at 6,536.18, down by 1.78% or 118.42pts.
The bloodshed was across the board. The Property sector shed 2.88%; Holding Firms, 2.81%; and Mining and Oil index, 1.91%. This despite continued positive news in the country, such as a the setting up shop of a Singaporean firm in the country to pursue investment opportunities, and the lifting of moratorium on mining applications by DENR and MGB in the country, to name a few.
Others opined that the current “correction” in the market will continue until it reaches the 6,000 – 6,200 level.
Trading is still considered heavy. Value turnover reached PhP9.77 billion on 3.05 billion shares traded. There were 34 gainers compared to 136 losers today, while 37 shares remained flat.
Below are the top gainers of the day:
- Primex Corporation (PSE: PRMX): PhP3.20, +18.08%
- Roxas Holdings Inc. (PSE: ROX): PhP3.25, +9.06%
- United Paragon Mining Corporation (PSE: UPM): PhP0.017, +6.25%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “A” (PSE: APX): PhP4.50, +5.63%
- Chemrez Technologies Inc. (PSE: COAT): PhP2.90, +3.57%
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corporation (PSE: MVC): PhP1.80, +2.86%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP8.30, +2.6%
- Boulevard Holdings Inc. (PSE: BHI): PhP0.128, +2.4%
- Marcventures Holdings Inc. (PSE: MARC): PhP1.77, +2.31%
- Mariwasa Siam Holdings Inc. (PSE: MMI): PhP6.03, +2.2%
The biggest losers are as follows:
- Sta. Lucia Land Inc. (PSE: SLI): PhP0.88, -18.52%
- Synergy Grid & Development Phils. Inc. (PSE: SGP): PhP370, -17.78%
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP17, -14.91%
- Bankard Inc. (PSE: BKD): PhP1.02, -13.56%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP2.50, -11.03%
- Rockwell Land Corporation (PSE: ROCK): PhP2.80, -10.26%
- Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP1.60, -9.6%
- IRC Properties Inc. (PSE: IRC): PhP1.20, -7.69%
- Belle Corporation (PSE: BEL): PhP5.41, -6.72%
- San Miguel Pure Foods Company Inc. (PSE: PF): PhP275, -6.72%