PH Stocks Down for Second Session
Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks continue to slide, albeit minimally, on Wednesday, 25 September, as investors struggle to find direction. In the United States, stocks weaken amid mixed economic reports and looming budget concerns.
The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) slid by 0.63% to 6,420.42, basically wiping gains made on Monday.
On sectoral basis, it is the Mining and Oil industry that managed to post some gains today (+0.86%), recovering from its losses yesterday. The Services sector, meanwhile, led the losers, shedding 0.98%. The wider All Shares index, on the other hand, lost just 0.57%.
Trading was moderate, with value turnover reaching PhP7.16 billion on 820 million shares traded. There were 60 gainers against 79 losers, while 47 stocks were flat. According to PSE, foreign buying reached PhP5.12 billion while foreign selling was only PhP4.65 billlion – basically a net influx of around PhP470 million.
Today’s most active stocks in terms of value are Metropolitan Bank & Trust Company (MBT, PhP89.65, -0.66%), Alliance Global Group Inc. (AGI, PhP25.80, -0.58%), LT Group Inc. (LTG, PhP17.04, -6.06%), Philippine Long Distance Telephone Co. (TEL, PhP2,956.00, -1.34%), Universal Robina Corp. (URC, PhP129.20, 0.94%), SM Prime Holdings Inc. (SMPH, PhP17.46, -0.46%), SM Investments Corp. (SM, PhP810.00, -0.61%), Ayala Corp. (AC, PhP615.00, 0.33%), Globe Telecom Inc. (GLO, PhP1,605.00, -0.68%), and Security Bank Corp. (SECB, PhP131.50, -0.75%).
- Mabuhay Vinyl Corp. (PSE: MVC): PhP3.30, 32%
- Integrated Micro-Electronics Inc. (PSE: IMI): PhP3.27, 13.54%
- Megaworld Corporation WARRANTS2 (PSE: MEGW2): PhP2.40, 9.09%
- IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP6.00, 7.14%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corp. (PSE: FJP): PhP3.20, 6.67%
- Seafront Resources Corp. (PSE: SPM): PhP1.75, 6.06%
- Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corp. “A” (PSE: OPM): PhP0.019, 5.56%
- F & J Prince Holdings Corp. “B” (PSE: FJPB): PhP3.80, 5.56%
- MRC Allied Inc. (PSE: MRC): PhP0.097, 5.43%
- Starmalls Inc. (PSE: STR): PhP3.79, 4.7%
- Synergy Grid & Development Phils. Inc. (PSE: SGP): PhP227.00, -26.77%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP5.30, -7.18%
- GMA Holdings Inc. (PDR) (PSE: GMAP): PhP7.50, -6.25%
- LT Group Inc. (PSE: LTG): PhP17.04, -6.06%
- Yehey! Corp. (PSE: YEHEY): PhP1.17, -5.65%
- Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp. (PSE: MB): PhP0.72, -4.00%
- Lodestar Investment Holdings Corp. (PSE: LIHC): PhP0.75, -3.85%
- LMG Chemicals Corp. (PSE: LMG): PhP3.01, -3.83%
- Vitarich Corp. (PSE: VITA): PhP0.78, -3.7%
- Millennium Global Holdings Inc. (PSE: MG): PhP0.40, -3.61%
One thought on “PH Stocks Down for Second Session”
Pingback: PH Stocks Extend Losses for Third Day | PHStocks