PH Stocks Dive
Manila–(PHStocks)–Local shares extended their losses at the close of trading day Monday, 27 February, with the bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) declining by 1.91% from 24 February to 4,799.29 points. This is 2.9% lower compared with the historic 4,943.84 points on Monday last week.
All counters are back in red. The Holding Firms segment shed 3.1%, followed by the Industrials, which lost 2.24%. The Financials sector, meanwhile, retreated by 1.83%.
Trading volume reached 6.27 billion, valued at PhP7.16 billion. There were only 47 gainers against 118 losers, while 32 stocks remain unchanged.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
1. Philippine Estates Corp. (PSE: PHES): PhP0.435, +20.83%
2. Araneta Properties Inc. (PSE: ARA): PhP0.61, +17.31%
3. Philippine Tobacco Flue-Curing and Redrying Corp. (PSE: TFC): PhP16.98, +13.20%
4. Wellex Industries Inc. (PSE: WIN): PhP0.345, +13.11%
5. South China Resources Inc. (PSE: SOC): PhP1.39, +6.11%
6. ATN Holdings Inc. A (PSE: ATN): PhP2.62, +4.8%
7. IP Converge Data Center Inc. (PSE: CLOUD): PhP2.65, +4.74%
8. Manila Bulletin Publishing Corp. (PSE: MB): PhP0.68, +4.62%
9. Roxas & Company Inc. (PSE: RCI): PhP2.10, +4.48%
10. United Paragon Mining Corp. (PSE: UPM): PhP0.024, +4.35