Manila—(PHStocks)—Philippine stocks reached a new record high on Tuesday amid the continued strong macroeconomic outlook for and fundamentals of the country. Despite the profit taking early in the session as investors cashed in on their gains, the bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) went on to reach 6,470.49, up 0.54% from the previous day, marking yet another record for the local bourse. The wider All-Shares index meanwhile gained 0.31% to reach 4,053.34.
On a sectoral basis, the Services sector led the rally as it gained 1.03%. The second highest gainer is the Holding Firms index, which pulled in a 0.91% growth, while the Financials inched up by 0.41%.
The Industrials and Mining and Oil sectors were almost flat. The Property sector is the sole decliner today as it shed 0.51%.
About 4.09 billion shares changed hands today, with total turnover reaching PhP9.57 billion. There were 87 gainers against 84 losers, while 48 stocks were unchanged.
Below are the top gainers for the day:
- Touch Solutions Inc. (PSE: TSI): PhP13.36, +48.61%
- Lorenzo Shipping Corporation (PSE: LSC): PhP1.55, +19.23%
- San Miguel Pure Foods Company Inc. (PSE: PF): PhP281, +14.04%
- Filipino Fund Inc. (PSE: FFI): PhP13, +13.04%
- Pancake House Inc. (PSE: PCKH): PhP8.45, +12.67%
- Panasonic Manufacturing Philippines Corporation (PSE: PMPC): PhP5, +11.11%
- ISM Communications Corporation (PSE: ISM): PhP2.38, +9.68%
- Cebu Holdings Inc. (PSE: CHI): PhP4.85, +8.99%
- Mabuhay Holdings Corporation (PSE: MHC): PhP0.63, +8.62%
- Keppel Philippine Holdings Inc. “A” (PSE: KPH): PhP5.10, +8.51%
The following are today’s biggest decliners:
- Jolliville Holdings Corporation (PSE: JOH): PhP5.71, -18.43%
- Swift Foods Inc. – Convertible Preferred (PSE: SFIP): PhP1.30, -11.56%
- Omico Corporation (PSE: OM): PhP0.58, -9.38%
- Berjaya Philippines Inc. (PSE: BCOR): PhP28.10, -9.35%
- Imperial Resources Inc. “A” (PSE: IMP): PhP5.25, -7.08%
- Apex Mining Company Inc. “B” (PSE: APXB): PhP4.60, -7.07%
- Calapan Ventures Inc. (PSE: H2O): PhP4.10, -6.18%
- Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corp. (PSE: TA): PhP1.77, -5.85%
- iPeople Inc. (PSE: IPO): PhP9.10, -4.21%
- Megaworld Corporation (PSE: MEG): PhP3.37, -3.71%